We can’t wait to see you back through the doors at SOS, but in the meantime there’s lots you can do to keep up on the self care and beauty regime at home. To help, we have put together our top hints and tips on lockdown beauty, with products you can easily use at home.
Get in a routine
While it can be tempting to sit in the PJ’s all day, keeping in a routine can be good for your mental health and keeping a sense of normality. With this in mind, now is the perfect time to work on both your morning and evening skincare routines, as they will top and tail your day. Whether you only get five minutes to yourself, or can dedicate some serious pamper time, kicking off and ending each day with a bit of ‘me time’ will make you and your skin feel demonstrably better.
A pretty typical skincare routine would include:
4) Eye cream
5) Spot treatments (if necessary)
7) Suncream (morning routine only)
If you find face suncreams a bit heavy with the glorious spring weather, invest in a moisturiser with a good SPF instead.
Don’t forget that SOS favorites such as Elemis and Environ sell a number of products to take care of your full morning and evening skincare routine, so you can use the same brands as our signature facials. The even better news is you can buy them hassle free, from us direct, with non-contact payment and delivery. Email email@example.com to see our full product range.
Keep your brows on fleek
While lockdown does offer you the chance to be a bit more relaxed about your appearance, we would advise plucking any stray hairs from below your brow line and in between brows – unless you like the unibrow look. If you don’t have the confidence to shape your own brows, this will at least keep them tidy until you can run to the salon for your next treatment.
With home tinting kits on the rise, we’d recommend only using these items if you have the competence to do so. Always do a skin patch test and make sure you buy from a quality, trusted supplier. If you can, it’s safest to wait until salon’s reopen for a professional treatment. In the meantime use a brow gel for when you want to look your best.
Yes it’s time to clean all those make up brushes and give the make up bag a good clear out! Brushes hold onto all sorts of nasties such as old product and dead skin. So while you have the time, give those brushes a good clean.
All make up products have a shelf life, so if you’ve been hoarding makeup in the bottom of the bag for years, it’s time to chuck it in the bin!
It’s not just the skin on your face you need to keep in tip-top order, your body will need a bit of TLC too. Exfoliation of both your face and body can:
• Improve circulation
• Cleanse and brighten skin
• Reduce excess oil
• Decrease pore size
• Improve skin texture
• Reduce the effects of acne scarring and pigmentation
• Decrease fine lines and wrinkles.
So grab your face and body scrubs, brushes or loofa’s and exfoliate away! And if you want to know more, our Insiders Guide to Exfoliation will give you a bit more info on why exfoliation is so important.
Stuck with your shellac? We imagine your nails are not looking their best right now, but try to avoid the temptation to pick at your polish. We have the following tips for removing your old polish:
1) Soak some cotton wall pads or balls in acetone polish remover and wrap them around your nails for 15 minutes. You may want to cover the cotton wool in tin foil to help keep it in place.
2) This will soften the shellac, allowing you to gently remove the polish, ideally with manicure sticks. Try not to scrape the nail.
3) If the polish is not lifting, you may need to reapply the acetone cotton pads for another 5 minutes. Repeat step 2 above.
4) Make sure you clean your nails and hands thoroughly after.
5) Apply a coat of nail repair polish or strengthener to help nails recover.
If you are giving yourself a manicure at home, follow our top tips:
1) Clean your nails thoroughly with nail polish remover.
2) Clip and file your nails (file from the outside to the centre for best results) and give them a good buff.
3) Soak your cuticles and gently push them back to the nail bed. Do not cut them at home.
4) Put on your base coat.
5) Add two coats of colour.
6) Seal it with a top coat.
And don’t forget, you can still order your favourite Elemis and Environ products from us direct, for just £5 per delivery, so if you want to treat yourself email firstname.lastname@example.org to see what we have in stock.