Are you new to microdermabrasion? Curious about all the hype, or are you on the verge of trying it, but don’t quite know what to expect? At SOS we specialise in Diamond Tip Microdermabrasion, so whether you are a seasoned pro who uses it as part of their regular beauty regime, or a newbie, we hope you find some interesting facts in our latest blog.
1) The main aim of microdermabrasion is to exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells. It’s basically a non-surgical resurfacing treatment. It may sound a little yucky, but these two actions have wonderous effects on your skin, which leads on nicely to our next few facts…
2) Microdermabrasion stimulates cellular turnover (shedding of dead skin cells and replacement with younger cells) to give you a much improved complexion and skin elasticity. This makes your skin look brighter and more energized.
3) Microdermabrasion is also great for unclogging pores and reducing enlarged pores – brilliant news for those who struggle with spots and greasy skin.
4) As mentioned, microdermabrasion is great for your complexion. It can improve the appearance of shallow acne scars, dark spots, minor sun damage and hyperpigmentation.
5) And it can make you look younger too, improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles – what’s not to love?
6) As if that wasn’t enough, microdermabrasion improves blood flow and lymphatic drainage. Increased circulation improves the nutrition delivered to skin cells and aids cell production. Lymph drainage removes toxins from the skin, making it feel refreshed and cleansed.
7) Microdermabrasion turns your skin into a blank canvas and makes skincare products more effective. It’s a great additional benefit which really helps you make the best of your day-to-day skincare routine.
8) That blank canvas also allows makeup go on more smoothly – bonus!
9) Microdermabrasion doesn’t hurt or take hours to perform. Treatment wise, it’s pretty comparable to a normal facial. It’s not going to take a whole afternoon and a tonne of painkillers to see the benefits.
10) Microdermabrasion can be used as a stand-alone treatment, but its fantastic when incorporated into other facials. It really will give you more dramatic results.
Oh and while we are on that subject…
10.5) Microdermabrasion is complemented brilliantly by its sister treatments:
- Bio-lift / Micro-current
- LED Light Therapy treatments!
You can find out more about all the above treatments on our Microdermabrasion page.
And if you have any more questions about microdermabrasion, please get in touch. Give us a call on 020 7371 5118, email email@example.com, pop into the salon at 765 Fulham Road, London SW6 5HA, or drop us a message via our contact us page.