Your first visit and consultation
Your first appointment will be around 50 minutes, including a 20 minute consultation with the doctor and a 30 minute acupuncture treatment. Traditional Chinese consultation with our doctor is a must for your first visit and will be charged. Doctor will take your medical history, read your pulses, may examine the site of your symptoms, and look at your tongue. Your individual treatment plan will be based on your conditions, state of health and lifestyle.
Prior to your first visit, you may want to think about or write down your health history, including surgeries, injuries, allergies and medications you are on. Please also take time to think or write down how the current problem or conditions were developed and how they have been investigated and treated. Please have this information ready as this will help you to have the most effective and comprehensive consultation with our doctor.BOOK NOW
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an element of traditional Chinese medicine. This says that one’s health depends on the body’s life force or energy flow (qi – pronounced chee). Qi moves in a smooth and balanced way through the body along paths called meridians. If qi becomes unbalanced or blocked, illness may result. The doctor can trigger the body’s own healing response and help restore natural balance by using fine sterilised needles at key points on the body.
Acupuncture has been in use in some form for at least 2,500 years. It originated from traditional Chinese medicine but has gained popularity worldwide since the 1970s.
Whether you need help with a specific issue, or simply want to improve your energy levels, acupuncture with our highly experience doctor is a pain-free, safe treatment that has solid evidence-based research for many conditions.BOOK NOW
What happens during the treatment?
Acupuncture points are situated in all areas of the body. Sometimes the appropriate points are far removed from the area of your pain. The doctor will tell you the general site of the planned treatment and whether you need to remove any clothing. A gown, towel or sheet will be provided. You lie on a padded table for the treatment, which involves:
- Needle insertion. Acupuncture needles are inserted to various depths at strategic points on your body. The needles are very thin, so insertion usually causes little discomfort. Patients often don’t feel them inserted at all. You may feel a mild aching sensation when a needle reaches the correct depth.
- Needle manipulation. The doctor may gently move or twirl the needles after placement for a deeper stimulation of the points.
- Needle removal. In most cases, the needles remain in place for 20 to 30 minutes while you lie still and relax. There is usually no discomfort when the needles are removed.
What can Acupuncture treat?
Acupuncture is useful for a variety of conditions, including:
- Arthritis, which describes conditions that involve joint inflammation
- Long-term pain
- Insomnia, a condition that involves sleep-related difficulties
- Migraines, which are intense headaches that often include other symptoms
- Sinus congestion, or nasal stuffiness
- Infertility, which describes difficulty getting pregnant
- Skin appearance
Special offer for facial and massages
– Buy 5 get 1 for free
– Buy 12 get 3 for free
– Prepay £600 get extra £100 free. Total £700 to spend – redeemable on any treatment except injectables.
*Payment in 2 instalments available. Terms & conditions apply.CALL US NOW
“I’m was so lucky to find this clinic! Recently have done HydraFacial with Secret Oasis, the results were fantastic and the service is amazing. Truly best clinic in Fulham!”
“I have tried many spas in and around London, but after trying Secret Oasis Spa, I am never deviating again. Very attentive and friendly staff, a relaxing experience and durable manicure without any harm to my nails. I can’t wait to return!”
“Really nice. Good service, good massage and good knowledge- recommended follow up treatments but not in that over selling kind of way. Best spa in Fulham for me!”
“Had a pregnancy massage it was absolutely incredible. The staff were friendly and the masseuse was extremely good. The spa itself is also impressive, very clean and very professional. Best massage in Fulham for sure.”
“I recently had a fantastic pedicure with the lovely Jade – I highly recommend her for a great all-round experience of excellent client service, professional treatment and a super slick polish job!”